Thursday, January 13, 2022

Wake up/Not lonely/Good food/Reading time/Friday/Higbee/Patty and my mom

January 13, 2022
Day 1,904

     Today, Matt came home from work and made my day by doing this: 

I watched him go from Tobin's room to Addy's room waking them up gently. He smiled when he went from one room to another and back again. My husband has the sweetest smile. It's warm and beautiful. I am thankful that my husband loves our children. I am thankful that he's kind and gentle. I am thankful that he loves us all deeply and madly. 

     It was good to drive to school with my babies this morning. I was lonely without them. There are some mornings when they drive me crazy. But being without them for so many days made me realize that I'd rather be crazy with them than lonely without them. 

     I had the best food today. I started eating really healthy again and it's like my body was begging for it. For breakfast, I had a piece of toasted Ezekial bread smothered in chunky peanut butter. My lunch was the best: I roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, red onions, and olives. I paired my roasted vegetables with pumpkin seeds and lemon vinaigrette. It was so good. For dinner, I had a simple kale salad. It consisted of: kale, toasted pecans, lemon vinaigrette, and vegan parmesan. Dessert was a little bowl of pumpkin seeds and a big mug of tea. Good food makes me happy. 

     I got to lay in bed with Addy and Tobin and read for the first time in a long time. It feels good to cuddle with them again. I love to hear Addy and Tobin read aloud. 

     Tomorrow is Friday. I'm very excited to drive home and stay home. Home is the very best place I know. 

     Higbee was so happy to see me when I came home from school today. I love when Higbee does happy taps and twists and turns and jumps up to kiss my face when I come home. It's wonderful to be loved so much by an animal. 

     I got to talk with Patty and my mom on the phone today. I love them so much. God knew I needed them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment