Sunday, June 10, 2012

53. My Dad's Dinners

53. My Dad's Dinners

     Love eating my Dad's dinners. Even something whipped up in 10 minutes is nothing less than gourmet from him. Tonight we had baked ziti, salad, and strawberry/blueberry shortcake for dessert. (Well, my Mom made the cake. And she's a very good cook as well, but that's for a different post.) The ziti was so amazing. The best I've ever had. His salads are the best. He chopped everything very small and fine so that Addy and Casey could have some too. And he chopped every single blueberry in half so the babies wouldn't choke on them. Adelyn and Casey know who to ask for dessert. Opa. They look at him, and ask in their sweetest baby voice, "moi, ice cream, peas!" And who could resist a sweet baby voice. Certainly not my Dad.

     Part of the reason I love my Dad's food is because it is so amazing. The other part is because when he prepares food, he does so with love. Every meal he makes...you can just feel the love with every bite. Every blueberry cut in half. Every strawberry sliced just so. The salad chopped to perfection. The ziti prepared with meticulous care. Only the best meat from the butcher. Honestly, it was beyond gourmet. And it always is. Because he cooks with love. He always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment