Tuesday, June 19, 2012

62. Shadows

Day 62. Shadows

     I know these 100 days are for positive posts only...but I must digress to discuss one subject. The sun. I hate it. When it's hot out, I am miserable...and quite bitchy I might add. However, if it wasn't so sunny and hot today, I wouldn't have been able to see this:

     Addy was done with the pool. And so was I. I really must get her some sort of float so that I don't have to hold her the whole time we are swimming. (That is why she loves going to the pool with her Dada. He doesn't tire of holding her, throwing her, catching her, spinning her...etc.) I could tell she was done because she started to rest her head in the crook of my neck. She does this when she wants to cuddle or when she's tired. So we got out, and sat for a few minutes cuddling. As we were leaving the pool--hand in hand--I noticed our shadows on the ground. It struck me. This black and white live photo of us. Walking down the sidewalk. I was wearing a big sun hat. And I noticed that I have started to waddle. Just slightly. She was wearing her swim hat. And underneath it, I could see her blond curls bouncing as she walked. Her hand was all the way up, holding mine. My hand was all the way down, holding hers. It was such a sweet picture. I watched us walk together the whole way home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment