Tuesday, June 26, 2012

69. I remember...

Day 69. I remember...

     Awesome day. Beautiful weather. Perfect day for the park. Adelyn, Casey, Patty, Omi, and I had an awesome day at Burke Lake Park. We took a train ride, and a spin on the carousel. We had a lovely picnic under some nice big trees. We played on a playground.

     While we were walking around at the park today, Patty was saying how she remembered going there as a child. She had fond memories of riding the train, and she was happy that we could bring our children back to the park that she had loved as a little girl. I agree with her. How awesome. My Mom brought us there as children. We loved the train. Today, we went with our Mom, and our kids. And our kids loved the train.

     I am so so thankful that I can spend days like today with my sweet daughter, and my family. I'm thankful that when Adelyn looks back on her childhood, she can say...I remember that day we rode the train at the park. And maybe one day, I can go there with her and her children.

   

2 comments:

  1. Keep writing Christen! Keep sharing! Your words are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jennifer! Not sure if you'll ever see this message, but I am so thankful for what you wrote. You wrote this to me in 2012. It is 2020, now. I needed to read your words tonight. Thank you!

      Delete