Monday, June 25, 2012

68. Words to Treasure

Day 68. Words to Treasure

     I was looking through one of my old journals tonight. In it was something I had long ago forgotten. I had given Matt's dad, Bill, a Father's day card, and he had sent me an email, thanking me for it. I printed it out, and taped it in my journal. This is what it said:

Christen, 

I wanted to thank you very very much for the beautiful Father's Day card. It made my day entirely. ...I do treasure it!

I am so happy that you and Matt care for each other so much. I think you are wonderful, and inasmuch as a dad wants nothing but the best for his children, I can say that Matt has found, "the best." Thanks for all of your help and love and caring.

Bill

     Reading this little note from Bill tonight made me think hard. About words spoken. I remember how good I felt reading this email from him. It made my day entirely. Tonight, I am thankful for Bill. And his kind words to me. I'm thankful for things that stand the test of time. Like words. That stay even after a person has gone ahead of us. I want to strive to make it so that after I'm gone, people will remember my words as kind words. Not words of hostility, gossip, anger, and hate. But words of joy, truth, kindness, and love.

     I am also thankful for forgiveness. I spoke unkind words to someone I love today. Yet, this person loves me anyways. Thank you.

  
    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment