Monday, June 11, 2012

54. A.R.T.

54. A.R.T.

     I was texting with, Chelsea, a close friend a few weeks ago. I always think of her when we watch one of Adelyn's favorite shows. A character on the show is named: her favorite name for a baby girl. Don't worry, Chels...I won't give it away! :) Anyways, we got to talking about names. I was telling her that when I shower, I write the names of my children on the shower wall. I just like to write them. Sounds strange maybe, but I just love them all so much. So, I write their names in really pretty writing. When I was pregnant with Adelyn, I wrote her name all the time. After River passed, I wrote her name along with Adelyn's. Now I've added a new name to my shower wall. Tobin. Tobin Solomon Sanderson. I write Adelyn, River, and Tobin. Adelyn at the top. River in the middle. Tobin at the bottom.

     She texted back and said, "A.R.T., their initials spell art. Beautiful artwork from God." Pretty awesome, right? Blessed to have a friend that loves me so much, and has played such an integral role in my life, and the lives of my children. Particularly, River. I am forever grateful and thankful that you, Chelsea, showed such great love to my sweet girl, and to us.

     In case you are wondering: Tobin means, "God is good." And Solomon means, "peace." Refer back to blog post number:  7. Hawks. I'll explain the inspiration for our boy's name in another post. For now...I am so thankful for my friend, Chelsea, and for my ARTwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment