Thursday, June 21, 2012

64. "Don't worry, baby."

Day 64. "Don't worry, baby."

     Such a simple statement. I've heard it a million times from Matt. Maybe more than a million. I've never heard it the way I heard it this morning.

     I was getting Adelyn down from her high chair, and there were bits of peach and toast on her dress. As I cleaned her up, she leaned forward. Way forward. To my belly. She is very much aware of the little baby that grows inside me. Perhaps more aware than I had known. She touched my belly. And smiled. A huge, sweet, knowing smile. And she said, "Don't worry, baby," as she patted him softly.

     Was it for me? Or for him? I think for both of us. Her smile was one of peace and trust. It seemed as though she might know him already. Maybe they met in heaven before being placed in my belly? Perhaps he has been feeling the anxiety coursing through my veins. Perhaps he is just as nervous for the C-section as I am. Maybe he knows I'm worried, and it worries him.

     Whatever the case...I will remember Adelyn's smile. And her words. Because they brought me great peace and hope this morning. "Don't worry, baby." We will meet soon.

1 comment:

  1. This peace of writing was so very sweet. I love how God can use a young precious child like Adelyn to remind you that He's taking care of you and your precious son.

    ReplyDelete