Thursday, June 28, 2012

71. Ethan

Day 71. Ethan

     I had the great pleasure today of holding my new little cousin. Well, my cousin's son. So, I guess that would make Ethan my second cousin. No matter. It was awesome to see Lauren. I am forever amazed at the miracle of life. And not just the act of giving birth (which way too many people focus on these days), but the strength and ambition it takes to nurture and sustain another tiny life. She is doing such an amazing job. So loving. So selfless.

     It was so wonderful to hold him. It has been so long since I held a tiny baby. I forgot how small babies are at first. I love the noises they make. I love how they need their Mama constantly. I loved smelling him. His head, his sweet milky breath. He was so perfect. He made my day.

     Thankful for sweet baby boys. I cannot wait to see mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment