Wednesday, June 6, 2012

49. Cuddling on the beach

49. Cuddling on the beach

     It was a rainy day, and normally, I love the rain. Just not on vacation. But it turned out to be one of the best days we've had here. We swam at an indoor pool in the morning. We came back to our house, made lunch, watched a movie, took a nap. Went to the beach when we woke up. The water was very rough and choppy, so we just played in the sand. It was extremely windy. The kids had a blast. I could tell Adelyn was starting to get tired when she started saying over and over, "hold you, Mama, hold you!" I picked her up, and she laid her head in the crook of my neck, and wrapped her arms around me tight. (Usually, she is just dead weight. Carrying her is like lugging around a 30 something pound sack of potatoes. She doesn't help or hold on at all.) Matt, Addy, and I walked back to our chairs to sit down and rest.  I held Adelyn on my lap, and she curled into me like she was an infant. The three of us sat there together, the wind blowing furiously. I held my girl tight against my growing belly, and we talked for a long time about baby brother. It was a sweet time. I cherish moments like those. I will never forget the way she clung to me. The way her hair looked blowing in the wind. Blond curls made even more curly from the salty sea spray. The way she felt cuddled into my chest and belly. The blue of her eyes. The way Matt looks at her. And me. And my belly.

     The rain today turned out to be awesome. Even on vacation. Gave us the wind we needed to be able to cuddle on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment