Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Lights Walks.

Project 365 * 4
Day 683

     Thankful for walks at night to see the Christmas lights, or in the words of Tobin, "me li!" I love hearing him exclaim, "me li, me li," every time we see lights. Thankful for the way he cuddles his polar bear and calls it his baby. Thankful that every ten minutes or so, Adelyn comes up to me and hugs and kisses me. Even if I'm busy doing the dishes, she kisses my arm. She says she, "just needed a little hug and kiss." Thankful for the warm glow of the lights on the Christmas tree. It makes everything seem cozy. Thankful for the cold air outside. I love taking deep breaths of cold air. It makes me feel alive. Thankful for roasted chicken with lots of garlic and onions and lemon juice and olive oil. I love the way it makes our home smell. And I love the way my fingers smell of garlic for an entire day after I've chopped it up. Thankful for rosy cheeks. Made rosy by the cold. And made warm again with kisses, hugs, and hot chocolate. Thankful for my children. They radiate sunshine when the days seem dull and gloomy. Thankful that I have babies to check in on at night before I go to bed. Thankful for blankets to cover them up with while they're sleeping. Thankful that tomorrow is one day closer to Christmas break. I cannot wait to be home with my loves.





No comments:

Post a Comment