Sunday, December 21, 2014

Cortney. The winter of Christen.

Project 365 * 4
Day 720

52 People I Love

     Ever come across a person that is entirely good? Always sweet? Always kind? I have. Her name is Cortney. When I was growing up, she was one of my very good friends. She is one of those rare people you come across who is beautiful in every way. She is beautiful to look at. She has a beautiful heart. She has a beautiful soul. She is full of grace and love. I don't think I ever heard her utter one unkind word. I am so blessed to count her as a friend. She's that kind of special. It doesn't go like this: "we're friends." It goes like this: "I'm lucky to know her. And my life is better because I know her and she's been a part of it." Thankful for Cortney.

52 Kind Things

     I made two trays of cookie bars this week. One for all my fellow teachers at work, and one for the firefighters. I know I'm always making trays of cookie bars, and it seems like an insignificant thing to count as a kindness...but I'm counting it. I didn't have to make them. But I wanted to. I'd say that counts as something kind.



     This day was so wonderful. We spent the day at my parents house. We played outside. We talked. We played with puppies. We laughed. We had a lovely dinner prepared by my mom. It tasted like home. I love eating dinner at home with my parents. We watched a Christmas show on the couch surrounded by beautiful Christmas lights. It was a cozy day. It was a lovely day. And I'm glad for every minute of it. Matt sent this text to me earlier, "Is it still the winter of Christen?" (For those who don't know, this is a Seinfeld reference. There is an episode where George has plans for a grand summer which he refers to as, "the summer of George.") My reply to Matt's text? Yes. Yes, it is the winter of Christen. I'm off. I'm with my babes. Spending time with my family. It's Christmas time. And it's cold out. It is most definitely the winter of Christen. And I'm thankful for it.

















Tobin was afraid of the leaf vacuum. He ran to his Omi for protection. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment