Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Vacation!

Project 365 * 4
Day 718

     This was the best day.

     It was a super fun day at school. Hot chocolates, candy, snacks, a movie, Christmas crafts. I got the most thoughtful and generous gifts from my students. I was seriously blown away. So thankful for the sweetest students and wonderful parents. My favorite part of the day was discussing Santa Claus with my kids. I love hearing little kids talk about Santa.

     Then Patty and I celebrated the start of Christmas vacation with some leftover banana creme pie. We ate it in her stairwell so we didn't have to share. Don't judge. At least we shared some with Greenie. I arrived home to find that Matt had taken care of dinner. He got manicotti, ravioli, bread, and sangria. And some black olives for me. My favorite. It was a lovely meal. Sophia especially loved the sauce for the manicotti.







     We spent the rest of the evening playing, watching a movie, wrestling, dancing, and just being happy. It's the start of Christmas vacation! A whole fifteen days with my loves. I cannot wait to watch shows in bed in the morning. To eat leisurely breakfasts at 10 am. To stay in our pajamas all day. To cuddle. To play. To see them open their gifts on Christmas morning. To just be with them.

     Thankful for sweet students and wonderful parents. Thankful for so many thoughtful gifts. I felt so loved. Thankful for the start of Christmas vacation. Thankful for a lovely dinner. Thankful for sangria. Thankful for kisses before bed. Thankful for this day. It was a grand one.









No comments:

Post a Comment