Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sasha. Small gestures. The best weekend.

Project 365 * 4
Day 689

52 People I Love

     Been thinking about my friend, Sasha, this week. Sasha is one of those friends who will always be a friend. No matter how much time and distance is between us. We grew up together. Did silly things together. We dreamed together as little girls about what our lives would look like when we grew up. We shared more than secrets. We shared experiences. We made memories together. Even though at the time we didn't we were. I am so blessed to have had such a wonderful person to call one of my best childhood friends. I love Sasha. I always have. I always will. She is an amazing person, and I am honored to call her my friend.

52 Kind Things

     I've been there. Juggling crying kids and the shopping cart. Just trying to make it out of the store in one piece. I was grocery shopping recently, and a mom with two crying children was struggling out of the store with her over-flowing shopping cart. She was juggling car keys, a diaper bag, and two very upset children. I offered to help her to her car. She said, "no thanks, I got it." To which I replied, "don't worry, I've been there...many times." And she smiled. Even though I didn't help her to her car, I think sometimes even the smallest gesture can be counted as a kindness. Small gestures like offering to help. Or letting someone know that they aren't alone. Sometimes moms desperately need to know that they aren't alone. It can certainly feel that way when every single person in the store is staring at you and your crying child.



     Thankful for just the very best weekend. Thankful for the sunlight this afternoon. Thankful for big rocks to climb on. Thankful for walks to the playground. Thankful for a very decorated neighborhood. It makes walks in the evening so very pretty. Thankful for lots of laughter and cuddles and naps this weekend. One more work week, and then it's Christmas break. I am so excited I can hardly wait. All I want for Christmas is Christmas break!













   

No comments:

Post a Comment