Monday, December 12, 2016

December Sunsets.

December 12, 2016
Day 93

For the way that Tobin always wants to walk with me when I take Higbee out.

For Tobin's sheepish smile whenever he asks me if he can have just one more Christmas cookie.

For the way that Adelyn looks in the mirror when she's brushing her hair in the morning.

For the way the house smells like bacon for long after bacon has been cooked in it.

For Higbee's sweet brown eyes.

For the blue of Adelyn's eyes.

For my husband. God knew I needed him.

For our sweet and cozy home.

For stacks of books in just about every room in our house.

For the way my kids pretend not to hear me when I go in to wake them up in the morning.

For warm blankets.

For the way certain parts of the floor creak when you walk it.

For the smell of our bedroom, and Tobin's bedroom, and Adelyn's bedroom, and our basement.

For the way Tobin gags when he has to take his vitamins.

For December sunsets. I'd rather watch a December sunset than a July sunset any day. The colors leave me awestruck.

For bare trees. I love the trees.

For big glasses full of ice and water.

For a day so full of all things good and lovely that I couldn't possibly list every good and lovely thing that happened in it.

Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment