Monday, December 5, 2016

The shower after the purchase of a new shampoo and conditioner.

December 5, 2016
Day 86

     Thankful for walks after school to look at Christmas lights. Thankful for cool air. Thankful for time to drive around at night and listen to music. I always turn it all the way up. Thankful for lunch boxes and water bottles to clean. Thankful for stuffed animals. We have so many that we need storage solutions for them. My kids love to cuddle with stuffed animals at night, and it makes me smile to see them crowded in bed because they are so many animals to snuggle with. Thankful for Parks and Recreation. I must look like such a weirdo at the gym. I watch shows while I do cardio. And that show has me laughing so hard while I work out. I try my best to laugh quietly, but I'm always wearing headphones, so I'm pretty sure I'm not laughing quietly at all. Thankful for the stack of new books I have to read beside my bed. Thankful for hot showers at night and in the morning. Thankful for new containers of shampoo and conditioner. I always love the shower I take just after the purchase of a new bottle of shampoo and conditioner. Especially if it's a new shampoo or conditioner. Thankful for the whisper of winter weather in the forecast. Thankful for my husband. I'm so glad to see his face every day, and hold his hand, and kiss him under the mistletoe. Thankful for Adelyn's blond hair. It reminds me of butter. Thankful for her blue eyes and her red lips. Tobin still tells us he doesn't have any lips. And whenever I ask him about whether or not he has lips, he presses his lips together tightly and replies, "No!" Thankful for Tobin. Thankful for Casey. And Phia. And the Wee Bairn. And my entire family. And for friends. Thankful for chocolate advent calendars. We are counting down the days until Christmas with chocolate. Thankful for a splendid Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment