Saturday, December 17, 2016

Mary Puffins.

December 17, 2016
Day 98

Here is a list of things I am thankful for today:

1. I love to watch Christmas movies. And when I watch them, I always cry. How can one not be moved to tears when watching movies about Christmas and miracles and believing in Santa?

2. Shopping with Matt, Adelyn, and Tobin. It's confusing. Mainly because all three of them are constantly finding things to put into the cart. So, confusing...yes. But I love to shop with my people. I'm always proud to walk down the aisles with them. With my man and our babies.

3. For hot chocolate with marshmellows in Christmas mugs.

4. For the way Tobin says things always just a hair off. Things like: piggy pudding instead of figgy pudding. Mary Puffins instead of Mary Poppins. There are so many more. I love that boy.

5. For this line in Mary Poppins:

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone.
Though childhood slips like sand through a seive."

It reminds me that--dear God--childhood flies. It goes so fast that it hurts. The days are long, but the years are short. My mom told me that, and she's totally right. There are long days, yes. But the years, they fly by. It pains me to think that I might be wasting them doing stupid things like looking at my phone, or stressing about work, or worrying about cleaning the house when I should be spending my time just being present with my kids.

6. For another day home with all my loves tomorrow.

7. For walks with my family.

     It was a lovely day. It started off cold and icy. Which made it feel very cozy inside. It ended up wamer with a spectacular sunset. Which was glorious. Thankful for a very fine Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment