Sunday, December 4, 2016

"I'm standing under the undertow!"

December 4, 2016
Day 85

     Thankful for Tobin. He makes us smile everyday. He's at that age where his vocabulary is rapidly expanding, but some things are just a bit off. I bought some mistletoe today at Trader Joe's. I hung it up and explained it to the kids. They each took a turn standing under it and waiting for a kiss. About ten minutes later, Tobin came up from the basement, stood under the mistletoe, and said, "Mom, Dad...I'm standing under the undertow!" He loves Christmas songs. My favorite is when he sings, "We Wish You A Merry Christmas." He sings, "We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. Now, bring us some piggy pudding, now bring us some piggy pudding, now bring us some piggy pudding, and a Happy New Year." Piggy pudding. I will never get over those words.

     Thankful for Matt. So thankful to be married to my love and my best friend. I'm thankful for his hugs and his kisses. Thankful for this sweet life we have made together. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love when I come home from work and Matt is waiting at the front door. He holds it open for me, and as soon as I walk in, he kisses me hello. I love the kiss hello. You always hear about the kiss goodbye, but the kiss hello is much more meaningful. Because you kind of have to do something to mark an exit. Whether it's a hug, a handshake, a back pat, or a kiss. You really don't have to do anything to mark a greeting. So when my husband of eleven years kisses me every time I walk in the door, I count myself lucky because I have a husband who loves me enough to mark the time when I come into our home with a kiss.

     Thankful for my two guys tonight.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment