Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Quieted.

December 6, 2016
Day 87

     Thankful that anxiety has been quieted. Thankful that this exercise in thankfulness has once again proven to be life changing. Thankful that I can think more clearly these days. Thankful that I'm not wasting so much time being afraid and doubting and fearing and worrying. Let me tell you what I've been doing with all the extra time:

-I've actually been present when I'm with my family.

-Instead of just making it through each day, I'm actually living each day.

-I've been reading with my kids. We read a lot around here. And it's much easier to read to my babes when I'm not freaking out over some imaginary ridiculousness.

-I've been spending time with my love. It's much easier to laugh and talk and spend time with my husband when my mind isn't somewhere else far away cowering down in a corner screaming and terrified.

     So thankful for the gift of thankfulness. Thankful for the power it gives me. Nothing else has ever even come close to battling fear, doubt, panic, and anxiety the way that being thankful does.


No comments:

Post a Comment