Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Adelyn's Birthday at the Lake.

Project 365 * 4
Day 595

     Had the best day today! We went to my grandparent's house and spent the day celebrating Adelyn's birthday and swimming in the lake. It was awesome! Seriously, I couldn't think of a better way to have spent my sweet girl's birthday. With family. Having fun. The highlight of our day was this: there was a rope to block swimmers from going too far out into the lake from the beach. And Adelyn, Patty, Casey, and I swam to it and touched it. It was scary. It was farther out than we thought. And when the water turned all cold and icy as we swam out into the "deep," (that's what Addy and Casey called it), we pressed on. We didn't turn back. Even though everything in me was saying, "don't do it...you have no idea what's in that black water," we swam anyways.

     That pretty much sums up the entirety of my motherhood since Adelyn was born. There have been times when I was so afraid. Times when I didn't know what to do. There was the time when I thought my daughter was dead. Just after she was born and before I went into surgery. When we didn't hear her cry at first...when no one said to us, "it's a girl," with jubilation in their voice...when she had to be revived two or three times in the delivery room...those were black water times. Times when I didn't know what was ahead of me. Underneath me. I didn't know what would happen. But you know...we swam anyways. We swam into the black water.

     I am so thankful for my sweet Adelyn Bailey. My daughter. My lighthouse on stormy days. My sunshine. My reason for living. I'm so thankful for her. I'm thankful for her courage today to swim into the deep black water. Since the day she was born, she's had courage. Since the day she was born, she, and she alone is my reason for swimming out into the black water. I couldn't be more happy, more blessed, or more proud to call her mine. Thankful for an awesome day with my favorite people. Thankful to have spent my second to last day before going back to work having fun with my family at the lake.



















No comments:

Post a Comment