Friday, August 1, 2014

My dad is our family's hero.

Project 365 * 4
Day 577

     Today is my dad's birthday. So, we all went home tonight to surprise him. As we ate a lovely cake, we went around the table and told my dad why we loved him. The kids were really sweet. They said a bunch of stuff that didn't make any kind of sense, and then tacked on, "I love you, Opa," to the end. As for the rest of us, the vote was unanimous. My dad is a hero. He always has been. He always will be. For further explanation, see here: My father, the hero. Or. A tale of two bears.

     Words cannot say how much I love my dad. He's the best. He's a hero. Sometimes, when I'm feeling a little lost in the world, I talk to my dad. I go see my dad. I spend time with my dad. And then I feel found.

     Thankful for my dad, my hero. Our hero.

Unfortunately, this was the only shot that turned out from our little birthday party tonight. Everything else was fuzzy. Probably because the four little ones can't sit still for even a second. 



No comments:

Post a Comment