Saturday, August 16, 2014

There is love in this house.

Project 365 * 4
Day 591














     My favorite part of the day? Sitting on the deck and talking with Matt after we put the kids to bed. The house was destroyed from this day. Kids have a way of playing with things and then distributing them so every square inch of floor contains a single toy. The kitchen was destroyed. There are literally ginormous piles of laundry all over the house. We both had things to do, but we stopped. We took thirty minutes and walked away from it all. We talked over a tall glass of wine. Laughed. Forgot our to-do lists.

     Thankful for my sweet husband. Thankful for the way he can make me feel better no matter what. Thankful for a good day at home with all my loves. And even though they can make messes so big and so wide, they can feel beyond repair...it is my hope that if a stranger walked into my home, and took a look around, they wouldn't see dirty dishes, or a mess of toys, or piles of laundry, or dog hair collecting in the corners. I would hope that they would see that there is love in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment