Sunday, August 24, 2014

Happy Birthday, Addy B!

Project 365 * 4
Day 599

52 Kind Things

     I was leaving Wegman's the other day when I came across a firefighter's safety vest in the parking lot. I had seen the engine to station 4 parked there earlier, so I decided to pick it up and return it to the station. It's always a good thing to be kind to the firefighters!

52 People I Love

     My cousin, Bryan, came to Adelyn's birthday party today. I wasn't expecting him, but I'm so glad he came. We hardly ever get to talk or hang out anymore, but when we do, I realize how much I miss him. I love my cousins. Some of my best childhood memories include Bryan, and his siblings, Steven, Lauren, and David. We would laugh so hard every time we got together. And we were always making up silly games. Those were my favorites. Games that made absolutely no sense at all. But they were the best.

     The thing I love about Bryan is his kind and gentle heart. You might think he's a total tough guy to look at him. But he is so sweet. Kind and loving and humble. I always have a great time talking with him. I miss him, and I love him.

 

     We had the best party for my Addy B today! She wanted a, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, party. It was super hard to try and find things on theme with that movie, but we made it work. And I think it turned out absolutely awesome. We are so blessed to have the most amazing family. Our girl was truly blessed today. She was today, and she is everyday. As is everyone who is a part of our family. We all take care of each other. All the time. It's such a comfort to know that my family is always there for us. Thankful for an awesome last day at home as a stay at home mom. Thankful for the best birthday party for our girl. Addy said it best, "it was stupendous!"

Addy in the giant spaghetti tornado! That's her favorite part of that movie. 


We made spaghetti out of ribbon, meatballs out of brown balloons, and hung plastic food in there as well. Also, Matt brought down a small fan to make the tornado blow. We were proud of it! And Adelyn loved it. 


Food dropped down from the tornado onto our tables. 





More food dropped down from the tornado. 

A super fun meatball game. 


I was so proud of these cupcakes. I colored the icing with tumeric to make the spaghetti icing. And food coloring free maraschino cherries as meatballs. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment