Monday, August 18, 2014

I'd say breakfast at 10:30 is pretty lazy...

Project 365 * 4
Day 593

     But I don't care. My first official full day back to work is Monday. And I have a little half-day on Friday. Time is ticking. There aren't many mornings left for us to laze about in bed until 10:30. And the rest of the day was pretty much like our lazy morning. We did things. Just lazily. We colored. We read. We built castles with blocks. We danced. We played with trucks and cars. But the thing we did most today was just lay around together. Cuddled under blankets. I made a big pot of popcorn on the stove. We watched movies. I had a lot of time to just sit and hold my kids. Stare at their blond hair. Watch their little fingers picking up pieces of popcorn to eat. We were lazy. But we have a damn good excuse to be. As of tomorrow, I only have three days left as a stay at home mom. Part of me is excited to start working, but the other part is just aching. Because honestly, being a stay at home mom was the best thing I've ever done with my life.

     Thankful for three days left at home with my babies.



No comments:

Post a Comment