Sunday, August 3, 2014

Egg Salad at 1 am. Carrie. Birthdays.

Project 365 * 4
Day 579

52 Kind Things

     Hmmm. Guess I was kind of slacking this week. Sometimes being kind isn't about grand gestures. Like giving people a bunch of money. Or buying groceries for a family in need. Sometimes, one doesn't have the means to do those things. Sometimes being kind is about the little things. Little things like making Matt food for work at 1 in the morning. One night this past week, I was up making egg salad and spaghetti and meatballs for Matt. At 1 am. It had been a busy day. A long night at the gym. I was having trouble writing. And I still had to make food for Matt. I didn't want to. But I love him. So when everyone else was sleeping, I was cooking for my husband. Not a grand gesture. Not anything really worth noting. But even small kind things, are kind things still the same.

52 People I Love

     Been thinking about my friend, Carrie, this week. Carrie is the most out-going, most energetic person I have ever met. She used to pick me and Patty up for school in the mornings. Everything I learned about DMX, I learned from Carrie. We listened to him on the way to school. Got us all pumped up for math class. She let me borrow clothes. And shoes. A custom which was foreign to me at first. I had no idea that girlfriends shared clothes and shoes. Not that it was weird. It was just that I never had a friend to do that with. What I love most about Carrie is her smile and the joy she finds in every day of life. She is always smiling. Always laughing. Always full of life and loving every minute of it. She takes joy in simple things. Like having a bunch of girls over for a party. Or driving to school on cold mornings. Barking along to DMX. I love Carrie. And I'm so glad to call her my friend.



     Thankful for a fine day with my family. We celebrated my dad's birthday again, because, well, why not? Eating chocolate cake was the only silence our family enjoyed today. It was about 5 solid minutes of silence. Followed by more mischief, shenanigans, and noise. Four little ones makes for a very loud, very messy house. But the loud and the mess mean we have four little ones running around. Four little ones that make every day wonderful. And every birthday more meaningful. Thankful for the loud. And the mess. Thankful for chocolate cake. Thankful for my dad. We all love him so much. Thankful that we got to see two very special family members this morning, and their gorgeous new house. Thankful for two very playful pups. I love puppies. Is there anything better than a playful puppy? Giving sloppy wet kisses? Thankful that we got to swing on the best swing I've ever been on in my life. A wooden swing hung from a 200 year old tree. That fact makes the swing even better somehow. I love trees. And wooden swings hung from trees. Thankful for so many wonderful things packed into one sweet Sunday.










No comments:

Post a Comment