Sunday, August 31, 2014

Carts. Kyle. Thunder cuddles before bed.

Project 365 * 4
Day 606

52 Kind Things

     The other day when I was at the grocery store, I really did not want to take my cart to the little shopping cart return. It was so far away. I was exhausted. It had been a long day. I just wanted to leave it in the parking lot for someone else to take care of. But I didn't. Instead I returned my cart, and another person's cart. It was super little. I know. But super little kind things are still kind.

52 People I Love

     This week, I've been thinking a lot about my friend, Kyle. He's just been on my mind. He is the sweetest guy. I met him working at Starbucks. He was the kind of guy who would cover shifts for another person no matter what. You could always call Kyle to cover a shift, and he'd be there. He was always very bright and cheery with everyone, and he loved to help people out.

     Every now and then I get a message from him on Facebook. He checks in. Asks how I'm doing. Stuff like that. But then there's this: I'll say something to him like, "yeah, I'm kind of worried about starting work again." And he'll say back to me, "Chris, you'll do awesome! You're such an amazing person!" That's what I love most about Kyle. He's kind, he's encouraging, and he cares. He's also dependable, and he loves to help people out. I'm so glad to call Kyle my friend.



     Thankful for Sundays. Thankful for family dinners. Thankful for ice cream and cookies scarfed down by four little ones. Thankful for the rain. Even thankful for the thunder. It gave me a chance to cuddle with my girl for a few minutes before bed. Thankful for the day off tomorrow. Thankful for a day spent well with all my loves.



No comments:

Post a Comment