Sunday, March 19, 2017

Lovely Little Habit.

March 19, 2017
Day 169

     I've been feeling lately like what I'm doing here doesn't matter at all. I've been feeling like it isn't working. I've been feeling like I have nothing left to say. I keep on writing out of habit and out of my obligation to fufill what I set out to do: to write for 1,000 days about what I am thankful for.

     But, as this experiment has proved before, faithfully writing every single day about what I'm thankful for shifts my thoughts; if even ever so slightly. Writing about what I'm thankful for every day reminds me that there are miracles. Tucked within each day. All one has to do to see them is to open their eyes.

     When I take the time to be thankful, I notice the trees, the sky, the air, the beautiful faces of those I love, the grass, little tiny flowers, animals, the soulfulness in a dog's eyes, beauty, peace, joy, and love.

     So tonight, I'm thankful for this lovely little habit of mine. I'm thankful that being thankful brings me peace and quiet. It silences doubt and fear. It allows me to truly live every minute of my life. Time is too precious a thing to waste on something as ridiculous and absurd as fear. I'm thankful for a lovely weekend with all my loves. I'm thankful for a clean home, for many hugs and kisses, for puppy cuddles, for my family, for a fresh, new day tomorrow.

     Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment