Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Christmas Morning Feeling.

March 29, 2017
Day 179

     I got to spend today at home with my little loves. Adelyn and Tobin weren't feeling well, so we spent the day at home. It was lovely to have a quiet day at home with my family. Even if it was because it was a sick day. When my kids were babies, I would sometimes get this feeling when I would go into their rooms to get them out of their cribs; it would feel like anticipation, like Christmas morning, like I had this wonderful something that no one else had. I felt that feeling often when Adelyn and Tobin were very young and still in cribs.

     I felt that feeling again today. And it makes my heart feel proud and bubbling over with joy and happiness and gratitude that I get to be the mother of Adelyn and Tobin. They are my greatest loves. My greatest source of joy. My greatest reminder to be thankful. They make every day new and fun and exciting. They get excited about tulips coming up out of the ground. They do not overlook even one detail. They experience the world as it should be experienced. Without fear, without inhibition, without an agenda.

     Thankful for Adelyn. Thankful for Tobin. Thankful that I get to be their mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment