Tuesday, September 18, 2012

27 Days Left

27 Days Left (Figured I should change my titles since we now have a date set.)

     Had an amazing day with my baby girl. It was rainy, we were stuck at home, we had no vehicle...so what else was there to do but have a girls day?!? It dawned on me that we had never really had a "girls day." It was really fun. First things first: make-up. Adelyn chose purple eyeshadow, and pink lipstick. I put some blush on her too. When she looked in the mirror...oh man, I wish I had that reaction on video. She felt so pretty and proud of herself. It was so sweet to watch. Then we tried on shoes. Adelyn chose to try on a hot pink pair of heels, as well as some black ones. Then we just hung out on the floor of my walk-in closet. We looked at clothes, wedding pictures, old cards...you don't have to teach a girl how to have a "girls day." We watched a movie together. Not a chick flick...but that will come all in good time. We watched, Monsters vs. Aliens. Good movie. It's Addy's favorite right now. We ate a few chocolate chip cookies. We cuddled. We talked. We looked at pictures and videos on my phone. We told secrets. These are the secrets I told Addy: "I love you," and "you're pretty." This is the secret Addy told me: "I love you." Thankful the rain kept us in today. We wouldn't have had the amazing day that we did if it wasn't rainy.

     The entire day, the ENTIRE day...Tobin has been moving, kicking, pushing, twisting, bending...you name it. My stomach actually hurts from being kicked so much. He is still moving like crazy as I write. It feels like he is moving around so much that he's going to break my water!

     Funny how anxious I am to meet my boy, but at the same time...the thought of my water breaking right now makes me realize how much I need these last few weeks. As uncomfortable as I am...I need them for me, for Matt and I, for Adelyn and I, and to get everything prepared for Tobin. I still need baby boy blankets, I need the perfect outfit for him to come home from the hospital in. I need to wash clothes. I need to buy diapers.

     Ah...even so, still can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Ian moved "once" like a crazy man for about 5 minutes and broke my water. Think he did his acrobatics about 7:30PM, water broke about 11:30PM and he was born at 1:05AM

    ReplyDelete