Sunday, September 30, 2012

16, now 15 Days Left

16, now 15 Days Left

     Yesterday, I had the great honor of being in my friend's wedding. There comes a point in some friendships where you have known each other so long, and know each other so well-even if you don't spend a ton of time together because of schedules and the rush of life-that the friend becomes more family than friend. We reached that point long ago. I was so proud to be in her wedding, and so proud I got to walk down the aisle with my rather large baby bump. It was a great day! I loved telling everyone that asked about my precious boy that will be arriving very soon.

     Today was a hard day. I've cried many times today in sheer frustration over back pain and exhaustion. Back pain is the worst! I've never experienced back pain like this, but it is so so so so annoying. I can't sleep because it hurts so bad. I am up at least once an hour. Life with a nursing newborn will be a break from this. Truthfully. However, I think maybe the pain is good for me. Maybe if I was comfortable, I would have no desire to go through the trauma of childbirth. And I use the word childbirth because I'm still giving birth. Just because I'm having a c-section doesn't mean I'm getting off easy, or something. But, yeah...I'm thinking the constant back pain might make me the slightest bit eager to get to the hospital on the 15th. To lay down on the table, as nervous as I may be...and wait to see my son up above that little curtain. To feel his face agaisnt mine when the doctor lays him at my head. Face to face, just upside down. Tonight, when I get up every hour, I will try to be thankful for the pain because it means two things: I'm pregnant with our sweet son, and I will be ready to meet him on the 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment