Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Countdown, Day 8, September 12th

Countdown, Day 8, September 12th

     Had a special day with Adelyn. Got some pumpkins and other fun stuff for our yard. Got some big girl utensils...which we have been needing for some time now. She's super excited about them. So excited that after asking us repeatedly to take them out of the package while we were still in the store...and having us turn her down many, many times...she took it upon herself to figure out how to get them out the package herself. "I got it!" She was proud. All I could do was smile.

     Went to a fun playground, had a picnic. Went to Carousel. Got some ice cream. It was great fun! I couldn't help but think all day long...there won't be many days left like this. With just our baby girl. I love taking care of her. I love feeding her. Playing with her. Bathing her. Brushing her hair. I love how I know her language. I love how after bath time we do this: I wrap her up in a towel, then she says, "I need  a cuddle." So, I hold her on my lap, and we sing a song together. It goes like this:

     "I love you so much, I love you so much, I can't even tell you how much I love you. You're special to me, you're special to me, I'm lucky to have you as part of my life. I love you, I love you, I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you...I love you so much. I love you so much. I can't even tell you how much I love you.

     We never skimp on the, "I love you," statements around here. Never. And pretty soon...there will be even more, "I love you," statements. Even more declarations of love and adoration. I want my children to know always, always...that they are loved, and cherished. That they are more precious than anything in this world to me. I can't wait to hold both my sweet babies in my arms at the same time. What an amazing feeling that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment