Saturday, September 8, 2012

Countdown, Day 4, September 8th

Countdown, Day 4, September 8th

     Adelyn and I watched a movie this afternoon. We watched Monsters vs. Aliens. She told me she needed a cuddle and a blanket, and since it was raining...what else could we do but be couch potatoes? I love the way she cuddles me. Because of my enormous belly, she has had to adjust a bit...but we make it work. As we sat there cuddled together, I wondered how many more days will we have like this? Just me and her?

     We play this game when we look into a mirror together. We put our faces together, we rock back and forth, and sing, "Addy and Mama, Mama and Addy." And then we smile at each other. It's not much longer that it will just be Addy and Mama. And when I think about it, I get a little sad for a split second. Not because Tobin is coming, but because this phase, this time in our lives is coming to a close. But then I think about all the joy that spending my days with just Adelyn brings me. And then I think...well, soon, it will be double the joy. Adelyn and Tobin. I'm blessed.

    

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad you're blogging again, and I'm so so so glad Tobin is doing well. Try not to worry about your c-section. I had an easy peasy time bringing Amelia into this world. The hard part is when you bring them home and have two(!) kids to care for. Not to be a downer, but it is tough. Prepare yourself and line up your help. And, seriously, try not to feel guilty about how much time you spend with the baby. I'm still working on that one :)

    ReplyDelete