Monday, September 10, 2012

Countdown, Day 6, September 10th

Countdown, Day 6, September 10th

    Favorite moments from this day:

1. Getting news from my Dr. that October 15th will Tobin's birthday! 12pm! I can't wait to get my hands on him. I can't wait to hold him, and smell him. I can't wait to examine his fingers and toes, and marvel at how tiny his fingernails will be. I can't wait to see what he looks like. I can't wait to kiss him, and tell him how long I've waited for him.

2. Hearing Adelyn say repeatedly, "hold you, Mama," "I need a cuddle," I need a hug," "Mama, sit down in the chair with Addy." She loves me so much. It's amazing...her love for me. She amazes me.

3. Addy and I were outside doing some sidewalk chalk, and Matt came out, and Addy said, "Hey Dada, want to do chalk?" "Sit down, Dada." "Here, Dada, do chalk." And when he sat down, she smiled at us, and said, "Fun!"

4. Matt was taking the trash cans back to the backyard, and Addy wanted to walk with him. So we did. She picked up several leaves, handed us some, and started singing. All three of us sang together, while waving our leaves. As I turned around to watch Matt and Adelyn waving their leaves together, singing, bathed in sunlight...I thought one word: amazing. I use this word often, but it's the only word to accurately describe what my life is. Filled with little moments that others might pass off as ordinary. Taking trash cans around back. Singing with some leaves.

But I find them to be: amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment