Wednesday, August 14, 2013

This morning was GLORIOUS!

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 224

     It's kind of official. This summer is amazing. I stepped outside to walk Roxy this morning, and I almost could have cried. It was so beyond glorious. Beyond gorgeous. The crisp air makes me feel alive. And I wanted to spend every minute of this fantastic day outside.

     So, we went to a farm. Get this...this amazing, organic, 45 acre farm is one mile, one mile, down the road from the wretched Wal-Mart they just built that blocks the view of the mountain. The Farm at Broad Run, it's called. It was lovely. Simply lovely.

     So, so, so thankful for this gorgeous, glorious day. Most days during the summer, I feel like a dried out sponge. But, on this day? With the cool, crisp wind blowing my hair around my face, and the sound of children running through wide open spaces of green grass, and the opportunity to explore a quaint little farm...on this day, I could breathe deeper. I could think more clearly. On this day, I would have been happy to lay under a tree from morning till night. Thankful for a beautiful day spent with the beautiful people I call family.



Tree trunk picnic table.






























2 day old turkey chicks. 




Ramps are weird and hard. 




No comments:

Post a Comment