Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It's a good thing I'm married to a firefighter.

Project  365 * 2 -- Day 237

     We had an adventure tonight. A fire! We were all sitting down to dinner when we heard the smoke detector going off. We ran downstairs, and the dryer here in the house had caught on fire. Luckily, there were some fire extinguishers handy, and the fire was gone in no time. Even though it was small, it made me sick. I was worked up for some time thinking about what could have been if we had set the dryer, and left for the beach. Roxy and Dixie are here with us, and they stay at the house when we go to the beach during the day.

     Tonight, I am thankful that my family, including our dogs, are safe and sound. I'm thankful that we were here when the fire started. I'm thankful that Matt is a firefighter. I'm thankful that after the fire, we could all calm down with a lovely steak dinner, and beer, and a board game. And laughter. The kind that makes your cheeks and stomach hurt. I'm thankful for another beautiful and relaxing day at the beach. And I'm thankful for the ones I love.







No comments:

Post a Comment