Friday, August 9, 2013

Casey and Adelyn missed each other.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 219

     Some things overheard while watching Casey and Adelyn play today: (They hadn't seen each other for a whole two days. And they were missing each other.)

-(Casey, wearing a stethoscope) "Let me check your heartbeat... Now let me listen to your butt..."

-(Adelyn and Casey, both wearing headbands, sitting on the sofa together, pretending to eat cupcakes, and drink tea) "You want some more tea?" "Mmmm, it's good."

-(Adelyn and Casey, playing with their spaghetti, instead of eating it) "It's a jellyfish!" "It's an octopus!" "AHHHHH! It's a snake!"

-(Adelyn pretending to put Casey in timeout) "Sit in timeout, Casey!"   ...   "Now, come here, let me talk to you...you do not do that, okay? Say okay. Okay. I love you. Give me a hug." To which Casey replied, "okay," and gave her a hug.

-(Casey pretending to put Adelyn in timeout) "Addy, come here! You DO NOT break the hat. You will get a boo-boo. Now, give me a hug and a kiss." 

-(Adelyn was cooing at Sophia, and touching her cheeks) "Oh...sweet Sophia...you're so cute...awww...OH, I have something for you." (At which point, she ran upstairs to retrieve a headband that was too small for her, and needed to be passed onto Sophia.)

-(Casey to Adelyn while they were hugging each other goodbye) "Okay, I love you, I'll see you later, I'll be back, have a good day, I'll be back, bye Addy, bye, I'll be back...I need a hug, and a kiss! Bye, love you!"

     Thankful for Casey and Adelyn. Such sweet little people. Such sweet cousins. And such sweet friends. I can't get enough of them. Or of Tobin and Sophia. Who like to sit across from each other, and smile, and grab each others faces, and shirts, and ears, and cheeks. Love our sweet children. Everyday is an adventure. Everyday is full of laughs and smiles. And that's a very good way to spend each day. 








No comments:

Post a Comment