Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Let's go on an adventure walk and find new things to see!"

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 223

     Sometimes, you can't just go on a walk. Sometimes, a walk can seem so ordinary. So commonplace. But, if you say to your kids, "let's go on an adventure walk, and find new things to see," suddenly, you're in a new world.

     That's what I said to Adelyn and Casey this morning. I had a million things to do. Mt. Laundry needed folding. The floors needed vacuuming. And washing. I had to go to Trader Joe's, and Wegman's. But, as I was walking out of the doctor's office, which was the first of many things I just had to do today (I had to drop off paperwork to be filled out so Adelyn can start school), I realized, it wasn't a day for errands. It was day for adventure walking. So, I put off Mt. Laundry yet again. I put off the grocery shopping. And guess what? We had a grand day. There will always be laundry. And grocery shopping to do. There won't always be time with my babies. And maybe I realized it when I walked out of the doctor's today. This is my last month with both my babies 24/7. Starting in September, Adelyn will leave me three days a week. Just like that...

     Thankful for adventure walks. Thankful for grand days with people I love so deeply. Thankful for the realization that adventure walking with my loves beats errands and housework. Thankful for time with both my babies. I will miss these days when they're gone.

"Where's Addy?" 

Found her!

"Where's Addy?"

There she is!




















   

No comments:

Post a Comment