Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sights and Sounds.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 228

Sights that made me happy today:

1. Tobin's smile in the morning.

2. Adelyn attempting to wake Matt up this morning by tickling him, and saying, "wake up, sleepyhead! DADA! Wake up!"

3. The blankets and pillows on our bed in the morning. A perfect mess of fluff basking in early morning light.

4. Adelyn playing with all the new toys she got for her birthday.

5. Tobin messing up all the new toys Adelyn got for her birthday.

6. This:



Sounds that made me happy today:

1. Adelyn singing.

2. The sound of my children's laughter. So infectious. And so sweet.

3. The sound of Adelyn yelling at Tobin because he was messing up her things. "Tobin! No!!! Go see mama! NO!!! GO SEE MAMA!" Oh, little brothers!

4. The sound of Tobin laughing hysterically as I dropped a toy into the bath water over and over. He thought the water splashing his face was hilarious :)

5. The sound of Tobin nursing.

6. The sound of Matt reading books to Adelyn. I always stand outside her door and listen for a while. I listen, amazed, at how such a simple sound like Matt reading to our daughter can bring me such joy.

7. The sound of peace and quiet when our children go down for the night.

8. The sound of Matt kissing my neck while I washed dishes in the kitchen.

     Thankful for another day spent with the ones I love. Plain and simple. It was just a regular day. Nothing much special going on. But, then...there was a lot of special going on, wasn't there?







   

No comments:

Post a Comment