Friday, August 23, 2013

This is how I know Tobin is really growing up...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 233

     Tonight, before I gave the kids a bath, Matt was playing with them, and chasing them around. Tobin's favorite game is to play chase. He loves to chase others. And in return, he loves to be chased. He laughs so hard, and thinks it is just the greatest fun ever. So, when it was time for him to get a bath, I picked him up, and carried him to the bathroom. He cried the hardest I have ever heard him cry pretty much the whole time I was giving him a bath, and getting him ready for bed. He stopped crying the moment I brought him out of the bathroom and into Addy's room. Matt and Adelyn were reading books. I set him down on the floor, and he was happy again. That's how I know he's really growing up. Because he's got lots of ideas in his head now. Ideas like, my dada is fun. Playing chase is fun. I don't want to get a bath, because it means I have to stop playing chase with my dada. And because this mama lady is making me get a bath, I'm going to cry at the top of my lungs to protest. Oh, Tobin. I love you.

     Thankful for my boy. He is like a sunshiny energizer bunny. Full of life and love and smiles and hugs. I love Tobin's hugs. And I might love his kisses even more. He gives kisses by leaning forward and touching his mouth to mine. I mean...how could my days be anything less than bright and sunshiny with baby hugs and kisses going on?








No comments:

Post a Comment