Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Top Five.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 211

     Five things made me happy today.

     One: This. Needs no further explanation.






     Two: We don't need an open house. We don't have to wait for a parade. When we want a tour of the firehouse, we just call up my husband. The kids had a personal tour of the firehouse today. They had a blast. Looking at the trucks, looking at all Matt's gear, finding the hoses. The only part no one liked was when Matt honked the loud horn. Even Patty and I jumped. Too loud. Matt seriously, has the coolest job. He's a real live hero. And I think my favorite part of the tour was the end. When Matt helped us get into the car. Adelyn, who has been missing her dada tremendously over the past few weeks, cried. The sweetest, saddest, most adorable cry. All because she didn't want to leave Matt at the firehouse. She thought he was coming home with us. Ah. Such love. I'm surrounded by amazing love.


















     Three: Tobin's smile. It's the best. And it's infectious. I love my boy so much.





     Four: Sweet, cuddly, sleeping Roxy. Why does a sleeping dog make any home seem even more cozy?



     Five: A beautiful sky. I love it when the sky casts down a pink hue all around. I love to go outside and walk in the pink. It feels like I'm walking in the red stripe of a rainbow. It was one of those sunsets where you take a deep breath of air, and just stare into the beauty of the sky. One that makes you happy to be alive.







     Thankful. Just, thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment