Saturday, August 31, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 240

     I am always just as excited to return home as I am to go on vacation in the first place. Like, excited. Really excited to be home. There's just something about home. Tonight, as I picked up toys, and washed the dishes, and waited for water to boil for my tea, I felt happy and peaceful and safe and thankful. Happy to be home. Peaceful thinking about the crashing waves, and the sand, and the wild horses, and the brisk wind paired with the warm sun, and the way the sand feels cool at night, and the infinite amount of stars you can see at the beach at night. Safe because we had a safe trip. And thankful because I just got to spend an entire week with all the great loves of my life.

     Thankful. So thankful for a truly splendid vacation. And thankful to have returned home. It's always awesome to get away. But, it's just as awesome, if not more so, to return home. Home. I love that word. One of my favorites.

Adelyn had an outfit change after we put her to bed. 

She tucked her babies in with her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment