Tuesday, August 6, 2013

For him...every day should be August 7th.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 216

     It's 12:20 am. And I'm still not done. Tomorrow, (or, I guess I should say today) is Matt's birthday. As I've said before, birthdays are huge deals around here. Matt requested a chocolate chip cheesecake, and cookie bars for his birthday. Among other things that I can't mention here. And even though I started my baking around 10:00 pm, there is still something so relaxing and peaceful and good about mixing melted butter and oreos to make the perfect chocolate chip cheesecake crust. There is something so lovely about mixing cream cheese until it's light and fluffy, then drizzling in sweetened condensed milk. I had to make cookie bars, the chocolate chip cheesecake, and special gluten free/ dairy free cupcakes for Adelyn. But, I didn't mind. I had Emmylou Harris, and Dido, and Tori Amos, and Neil Young to keep me company. (Don't judge.) As well as Roxy. And my trusty cup of chamomile tea and honey.

     Honestly, I don't mind staying up all night if I have to. Matt deserves an amazing birthday because he's an amazing guy. He works incredibly hard. For us. All for us. All to make us happy. He told me so. His love for us continues to amaze and delight me. His love for our children makes my heart full and warm. For him, because of who he is, because of how much he gives, and how much he loves, every day should be August 7th. Every day should be his special day. I'm so in love with my husband. And he is so in love with me. I'm so in love with the fact that I can say that. Without doubt. Without question.

     Thankful for my sweet love.



No comments:

Post a Comment