Saturday, August 24, 2013

The perfect place to end a long, hard, day.

Project 365 *2 -- Day 234

     It was a long, arduous journey. There was crying. There were wet diapers. And wet clothes. There was panting from Roxy. Little snips between Matt and I. There were a few restroom stops along the side of the road. (My favorite had to be our restroom stop for Adelyn. Because watching Matt carry around a bag full of our daughter's waste looking for a trashcan had to be the highlight of our trip!) A simple five hour journey turned into an eight hour one. It was one, long, hard day.

     But stepping out onto our deck, and feeling the cool, ocean breeze hit me in the face...made this long, hard day worth it. Stepping out into the ocean air, and hearing the waves crash, seeing the water shine and dance under the light of the moon, it just doesn't get any better than that. Oh wait. It does. I'm at the ocean with the people I love most. This week is going to rock. Period. Statement of fact.

     Thankful for a safe journey to the beach. Thankful to be able to spend a week with people that I love so deeply. Thankful that the laughter all throughout dinner tonight, is just a glimpse into what the rest of this week will be. Seriously, I'm tired, and I need to sleep...but tomorrow cannot come soon enough.

Adelyn excited about her new bed for the week. 

Roxy is not too happy to be sharing a bunk with Addy. In fact, she's quite pissed about it. 

My sweet boy was so, so, so, so, so tired. The most tired he's ever been I think. 

Enjoying the breeze. 

Not too sure about this place. 

The best part about vacation for Addy? Omi will lay with her until she falls asleep each night. And then, just for good measure, Omi will "rest her eyes" for about a half an hour before coming out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment