Sunday, November 9, 2014

Anne and Mare'. Being kind to dogs. Today was glorious.

Project 365 * 4
Day 674

52 People I Love

     I went to my old Starbucks this afternoon to get coffee with my brother. So many good memories there. There are two woman I worked with at that location who are especially special to me. Anne and Mare'. Anne and Mare' are two women who, once you met them, you can never forget them. They are the lifeblood of that Starbucks. If they ever left, I think Starbucks might just have to shut down that location. They are both incredibly good, incredibly sweet, and incredibly kind. They befriend every customer. They go out of their way to serve others so selflessly. They don't make their job about making coffee. They make their job about making the customer's day. I absolutely loved the time I spent working with Anne and Mare'. I love them, and I miss them. I'm going to find a morning sometime soon to go see them. So they can make my day.

52 Kind Things

     Every afternoon, I walk past my sister's neighbor's window when I go to pick up my kids after school. And every afternoon, Shelby, the neighbor's dog, is laying some funny way in the window. Usually, I just stop and smile at her. But this week, I stopped and said hello. I spent a little more time than usual at the window. I stopped to say hello and talk with her because she's a sweet girl. And she seemed lonely. And loneliness is loneliness. Doesn't matter if the being who is lonely is a dog.



     Earlier this week, as I was driving home from Tobin's two year check-up, I saw a beautiful golden retriever on the side of the road with no one else around it. I turned around, parked my car, and got out. All I had to do was say, "come here, puppy," and that dog was running to me like I was his long lost master. Once I had him safe and away from the road, I was kind of like...now what? As I was pondering what my next step should be, I saw a car coming towards me with the windows rolled down. I asked if they knew the dog. Thankfully, they did. The next morning, I saw that dog standing at the bus stop with his people, and it made me so happy that I could do something kind for that family.

   
     Today was awesome. We spent this entire glorious day outside. It was the best day spent with the best people. So thankful for days like this. Ones that feel like a mini vacation. They are so good, and so relaxing, and so fun that you forget it's just a regular Sunday. You forget you have to work the next day. You forget all else except how wonderful and good and perfect the day is. That was the day I had today. It was incredible. And I needed it.













































































No comments:

Post a Comment