Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pat-Mary. All day in the kitchen. Sundays with family.

Project 365 * 4
Day 668

52 People I Love

     Been thinking about my friend, Mary-Pat this week. Or Pat-Mary, as I like to call her. She is one of the sweetest women I have ever known. And one of the kindest. She taught me that croutons packed in a baggie make the best snack. She taught me that bagels, when soaked in water, make the best ammo when attacking the car of someone who has just TP'd your house. She taught me that the best nicknames for daughters and sons is simply, daughter, or son. I love Mary-Pat because she loves to have fun. She loves to visit with friends. She loves to have people over for big dinners. And she loves to talk on the back porch after dinner for a long time. I love Mary-Pat. I miss her. And I'm blessed to call her my very good friend. I feel the need for a trip to sunny Florida sometime soon. :)

52 Kind Things

     It was a very busy week. And I didn't have much time to do kind things except in my own home. However, I think the many hours I spent standing in the kitchen today cooking, cleaning, cooking, cleaning, and cooking, and cleaning up again counts as something kind. Not going to lie. I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. I hardly ever get to stand in the kitchen and cook for hours on end. It was a treat for me. But also a treat for my family. We had pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. And we had chili and cornbread for dinner. And cookie bars for dessert. I was so glad to have been able to cook and bake all day. And do something kind at the same time.



     We spent the day with Matt's family. It was a lovely day. Beautiful and windy outside. Warm and cozy inside. Made even more cozy by the smell of chili and cornbread. And by the warmth of love and togetherness. So thankful for family. Thankful for days spent entirely with my favorite people.








No comments:

Post a Comment