Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cookie Bars. Cecie. Things that make my heart feel warm.

Project 365 * 4
Day 681

52 Kind Things

     I'm going to visit a friend tomorrow, and I bought a few little goodies for her. And prepared an extra tasty tray of cookie bars for her. Nothing says kindness like a fresh tray of cookie bars.

52 People I Love

     Cecie. One of my oldest and dearest friends. I've known her since we were young kids. We lived one house apart in our old neighborhood, and we would do things like, cut holes in our window screens to try and throw a homemade cup and string phone across so we could talk whenever we felt like it. We would make home videos. My favorite one was when we dressed in the craziest outfits we could find, carried a boom box around the neighborhood, and danced to, "boom, boom, boom, boom, I want you in my room." I've spent hours scouring the house for that video. It would be the best day ever if I could find it. We went to the craft store and spent lots of money on cake decorating supplies so we could start a cake decorating business. (Ahem...this wasn't all that long ago.) Turns out cake decorating is way harder than it looks. Cecie is the kind of girl that you laugh with. I mean deep belly laugh, after deep belly laugh. You just never stop laughing when you hang out with her. I love her because she is a friend to everyone she meets. She is so much fun. And whenever we hang out, we pick up where we left off. I love her so much, and I am honored to call her my friend.


     Got a picture message from my cousin today. And it made me feel so happy and warm inside.



     Tonight, I'm thankful for the best cousins in the world. I'm thankful for family. I'm thankful for a restful weekend. I'm thankful for time to sit and crochet. I'm thankful for rainy afternoons made better by the smell of good food cooking and games like hide and seek. And Simon says. I'm thankful for a dessert called, Danish Kringle. Let me tell you something: if you ever come across this dessert, do yourself a favor. Eat it. You will not be disappointed. Thankful for time to laugh. Thankful for love songs in the form of lullabies before bedtime. Thankful for a very fine Sunday.









No comments:

Post a Comment