Monday, November 17, 2014

The smell of newborn babies.

Project 365 * 4
Day 682

     I had the pleasure of meeting two special little ones this afternoon. Rowan and Silas. The new daughter and son of my very good friend, Chelsea. Here are the best things about our visit:

1. Seeing tiny newborn babies sleeping peacefully.

2. Smelling newborn babies. I don't think there is any better smell than a newborn baby. I couldn't stop smelling them. I must have seemed like a crazy person.

3. Seeing tiny fingers, tiny hands, tiny feet, tiny legs, tiny arms, and tiny eyes.

4. Seeing my good friend as I've never seen her before. As a mother. She does it beautifully.

5. Seeing Wallace the puppy so happy about the new little ones in the house.

     Thankful for new babies. Thankful for new baby smell. Thankful for new life. Thankful for Chelsea. Thankful for my warm and cozy home on this blustery, cold night. Thankful for two sleeping little ones of my own. Thankful for my fluffy bed. Can't wait to crawl into it tonight.







1 comment:

  1. Almost want to steal your post for mine! Chelsea looks great!!

    ReplyDelete