Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The most real things in the world.

Project 365 * 4
Day 671

     This day off was like the quiet joy and peace one experiences after all the presents have been opened on Christmas morning. It was like a tall glass of ice water on the hottest day. It was like the first taste of ice cream after you haven't had any for months. It was cozy. It was warm. It was quiet. It was lazy. The kids and I watched, The Polar Express, and the train conductor said something that struck me. He said, "Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see." As I sat there cuddled up with my two sweet babes, and Roxy at my feet, with the snow falling outside, I felt thankful and peaceful. And I realized the train conductor was spot on. I sat there and tried to think of anything better than love, friendship, peace, cozy, joy, thankfulness...and I couldn't. There actually isn't a single thing in the world that compares to all those good and lovely things. And for that, I am very thankful.





No comments:

Post a Comment