Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Mt. Laundry vs. Bubble Bath

Project 365 * 4
Day 677

     There is a pile of clean laundry in my room bigger than my king size bed. There are toys strewn about in the basement and on the middle level. And there is an annoying paper mess growing at an alarming rate on the island in my kitchen. But when it comes down to it, will my kids remember how tidy our home was as they were growing up? Or will they remember bubble baths in the big tub in my bathroom? Will they remember that one chilly night in November, when I folded Mt. Laundry and put it away before they went to sleep? Or will they remember that we cuddled in bed in our pajamas before we read books and said good night?

     When it comes down to it, there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I need to do. Something has to get cut. And it sure won't be bubble baths or cuddle time in bed. Thankful for easy choices. Like, pick up the toys, or take a bubble bath. Or, fold Mt. Laundry, or cuddle in bed. When you have two of the most adorable creatures on the planet to call your children, things like laundry and chores just don't even really matter that much. All that matters is them. And their smiles. And showing them as much love as I can because they make every day beautiful, and wonderful, and worth it. Thankful for two people named Adelyn and Tobin.



No comments:

Post a Comment