Saturday, November 1, 2014

Dear. God. This day is over.

Project 365 * 4
Day 667

     In all of my life as a mother, I have never spent a day like this one. Matt and I decided to let the kids have a few...a few...pieces of candy from their buckets throughout the day today. They each had about three or four pieces. And man oh man, did we pay dearly for that mistake. They only had chocolate. As soon as we come in from trick or treating, we dump their buckets, and remove all the candy except the chocolate based ones like Reese's and Kit-Kat's. Then we take all the removed candy and put in a big bowl on the front porch. The only thing left this morning was a few Dum-Dum pops. It's actually kind of genius, right? We buy our own candy to hand out, but we always have more than enough with the candy we remove from their buckets.

     Anyways, it was like they ate entire five-pound bags of sugar for breakfast. They cried all day. They ran all day. They rolled around on the floor all day. They screamed all day. Adelyn splashed a sink full of water all over the walls in the bathroom. They bit things. They bit each other. They hit. They screamed. And they cried some more. I have never in my life been so happy to put them to bed. I'm just praying it's out of their systems by tomorrow. On a happier note, we got to meet Shane's girlfriend today. She was super sweet and fun and pretty. And she was completely okay with our kids being little crazy hellions today.

     Tonight, I'm thankful for the end of this day. I'm thankful for family. I'm thankful I got to meet Shane's girlfriend. They seem very happy together, and that makes me happy. Thankful that tomorrow, there will be no more buckets of candy because this mama is going to dump them tonight. Matt's going to take it all to work. I'm sure the firefighters will be happy to have it.





No comments:

Post a Comment