Monday, January 30, 2017

Lattes are meant to be made with whole milk. Fact.

January 30, 2017
Day 141

Today was a nice day at work, and it was a half-day at that.

It was so nice and wonderfully cold today.

The sunset was glorious and full and colorful and puffy. I wished I could swim in all those colors.

I really love taking care of Greenie for Patty and AJ while they move. It is so warm and cozy to have a dog in my house. But two dogs in my house? It is warmer and cozier.

There was snow on the ground this morning.

There was snow and ice to scrape off the windows this morning. I couldn't find my scraper, so I used Tobin's Captain America shield. It reminded me of all those crazy mornings when my mom would take Patty and me to school. We would be waiting by the car while she shimmied out the door and down the steps with a mug of fresh, hot coffee in her hand. She never had a travel mug; maybe they didn't exist then. She would scrape the ice off of the car with the case to a cassette tape, but she would always be sure to take out the album cover first. We had scrapers, but they always broke. Surprisingly, cassette tape covers never did.

Adelyn tells me when she needs some love from me.

Tobin gives the best hugs.

Sophia got a sweet haircut today.

Casey is growing up so fast I can't even stand it. He'll be seven in February.

Shane and Casey share a birthday. That fact always makes me happy.

There are olives in my salad for lunch tomorrow.

Patty and I got a latte together before work today. I love working in the same place as my sister. When I'm with her, I feel at home. We like to get these lattes: decaf, grande, 1 pump hazelnut, whole milk, lattes. Can I just say this: If you are getting a latte for yourself and at some point you hear yourself utter the words "skinny," or "sugar-free," you're doing it wrong. Just...don't. Stop. Lattes are meant to be made with whole milk. Fact.

I work with the best people. I love where I work.

Tomorrow begins a fresh, new week.

The sound of dogs sleeping feels like a mug of hot tea with honey for my ears.

I love the way the trees look in the winter time.

My mom and dad are amazing. Sometimes, I feel very sad that they live more than ten minutes away from me.

Knowing that my brother is in love with an amazing woman makes me feel happy. They are sweet together.

I love tucking my babies in with their stuffed animals at night. They sleep together every night, and it makes me feel happy thinking that they would rather sleep cuddled together than in their own bedrooms.

Thankful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment